Saturday, November 9, 2019

Tucson Marathon, here I come

After my successful September half marathon, my mind started wondering what would happen if I upped my mileage toward a full.

I didn't want to commit, and I only told a few uber-supportive running buddies that I was even considering it. But I plotted out a training schedule and kept building my mileage.

I scoured the Internet and found a West Coast race within the right time frame: The Tucson Marathon on Dec. 7.
We booked a discounted room in the host hotel a week or so ago, and we finally today pulled the trigger on plane tickets, rental car... and race registration!

Brad's been upping his mileage, too, with no real goal in mind. He easily ran 15 trail miles yesterday, and when he saw that the full was only $10 more than the half, he decided to run the full, too.

The race is predominantly downhill, so my peak 20 miler next weekend will be on a down-hill route. Then my plan is to have fun, enjoy the experience, and do the best I can with where I am right now. Would I love a PR? Of course! But that's not my goal. My goal is to hold it loosely and finish marathon #6 upright - hopefully strong and with a respectable time.

YAY for doing hard things and putting myself out there :)

2 comments:

  1. This will be you some day:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=141&v=bhbd4_LdH_g&feature=emb_logo

    ReplyDelete