Friday, February 8, 2019

Giant Race Half Marathon (9/9/18)

On Giant Race day 2018, we got up early, drove across the bay, and parked in our reserved lot. There turned out to be plenty of street parking available, but we heeded the warnings and prepaid for a spot. Though unnecessary, it was nice to not have that extra worry in a city we're not used to.

We walked a few blocks to the waterfront as the sun rose over the fog:
ATT Park across McCovey Cove:
One more group pic before we head to the starting line:
READY!
The half marathon course heads out The Embarcadero and turns around just before Golden Gate Bridge:
Alcatraz just off shore:
:)
It wasn't a goal race for me, so I took the time for some pictures and a walk up the big hill. Then I tried to hang on as I made my way in the sun and rising temps back to the stadium.
The best part is hanging out on the outfield!
Look who I found!
Just laying in the outfield... NBD


They have awesome post-race snacks - including the all-important chocolate milk
And here comes Eryn!




Congrats!






The weather was perfect, so we spent tons of time just soaking it up!
On the warning track:
In the dugout!!
Infield!
Repping my crew :)


Couldn't resist :)
💖
Cutest medals:
Refueling:
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment