Friday, January 17, 2020

Turkeython (11/28/19)

At the last minute, Mom and Eryn decided to continue family tradition and do a Thanksgiving-morning fun run. We chose the Turkeython since it's close to home (Cook Park in Tigard), and Uberthons always puts on a good event.
My training schedule called for 8 miles, so I left early and ran to the park, did the 5K, and then ran extra home. Brad also had a long run on his schedule so opted to skip the race and instead meet us in the park during his run.  

It was another cold but sunny and dry day - good for late-fall long runs!

Eryn crossing the line:
And Mom:
The crew!
Mom and Eryn brought a warm jacket for me to wear before and after the race, since I arrived on foot.

Uberthons always does a nice job. Some local LDS young people staffed the course and were very encouraging and helpful. We all got mini pies at the end!
I intentionally took the race very slow and easy, especially after running fast the night before at the Turkey Trot Relay. I official time was 34:20, an 11:03 average. My overall average for my entire 8.07 miles was 11:05! Nice and even - just what I wanted ๐Ÿ™Œ
My easy-run race was still good for 212/459 overall and 92/250 in females, 33/65 in age group, and 16/38 in age/gender. Family fun runs are good for that ๐Ÿ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment