Monday, February 17, 2020

A year of hiking: 1-10

Prompted by someone on Instagram, I decided to challenge myself to 52 hikes in 2020. (52 Hike Challenge)

1. Cascade Head, Jan. 1:

Brad and I camped at Lincoln City on New Year's, so we started the year with a hike up/run down Cascade Head just north of town.

It was warm and windy, with gusts near 40 mph at the top. It was our first time on Cascade Head, and we loved it! A great payout for the short, steep hike up. It was 5 miles total.

2. Regatta Nature Trail and Friends of Wildwood Open Space, Jan. 2:

Before heading back home, we explored these two parks in Lincoln City:
3. Tryon Creek State Park, Jan. 5:

Connie joined us for 3 muddy miles of trail running at Tryon.
4. Tryon Creek State Park, Jan. 11:

The next weekend called for another trail run at Tryon. Brad and I ran separately, and I did 6 miles on different trails than last time:
5. Oxbow Regional Park, Jan. 20:

I'd never been to this park along the Sandy River. Mom, Eryn, and I practically had the place to ourselves, aside from a couple hikers/runners and some anglers. It was gorgeous!
6. Graham Oaks Nature Park, Jan. 31:

After work, I drove to Wilsonville for a trail run/hike in the Metro park. It was warm and muggy - shorts-and-tank top weather!
7. Cooper Mountain Nature Park, Feb. 2:

Connie and I trail ran while Brad hiked the hilly Metro park. And then I forgot to snap a pic!
8. Orenco Woods Nature Park and Rock Creek Trail, Feb. 9:

First time for both of us. Learned the origin of Orenco: Oregon Nursery Company!
9. Milo McIver State Park, Feb. 12:

On the second anniversary of Dad's death, we drove out to Clackamas County and explored Milo McIver State Park. And then ate Beyond Burgers and tots!
10. Wildwood Trail, Forest Park, Feb. 16:

On tired legs, I ran 7.5 muddy, rocky, hilly miles in preparation for my April trail half. It was a great morning for a run!
Well, it's still February and I'm already up to 10 hikes/trail runs - all on different trails. I don't think I'll have any trouble meeting this goal 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment