Thursday, July 23, 2020

A Year of Hiking: 21 - 30

My quest to hit 52 trails this year was ZOOMING... and then COVID-19 hit.

I was using my unexpected free time to hit the trails. But it soon became evident that passing people on the trail was not safe, so I put a halt to the adventures.

Oregon was also under a stay-at-home order by the governor, so we stopped traveling. Our county was finally allowed into Phase 1 of reopening, and Tillamook County was in Phase 2, so we decided to try an evening hike in the Coast Range.

We hiked King's Mountain off Highway 6 and saw just a few other people on the trail. We easily stepped off and passed safely. I was super tired, and the weather was lousy, so we turned around at the picnic table instead of going all the way to the summit... AND I apparently didn't take any photos. I'm outta practice, I guess.

No. 21 - King's Mountain, June 10.

No. 22 - Bayocean Spit, June 28:

No. 23 - Oceanside to Netarts, June 29:
Chowder at The Schooner before the return trip:

No. 24 - Eastbank Esplanade and Tom McCall Waterfront Park, Downtown Portland, July 4: 
When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty:

No. 25 - Wildwood 53rd to Germantown Road, July 6:

No. 26 - Clear Lake, July 12:
The Internet said there was a 7-mile trail around the lake. We never found it. But low water levels allowed us to walk on the beach, which also doubled as a four-wheel drive road. It was awful. Will not do again :)

No. 27 - Keil to Dogwood to Wildwood, July 19:

No. 28 - Cannon to Firelane 9 to Wildwood to Firelane 8, July 19:
DOWN, DOWN, DOWN to the Linnton neighborhood. Mount St. Helens in the distance:

No. 29 - Scouters Mountain Nature Park, July 23:
Should have been a view of Mount Hood here:
The trails weren't long, but they were lovely:
I ran the loop twice for just over 2 miles.

No. 30 - Happy Valley Park, July 23:
Running on Trex was interesting - kinda bouncy:
The park was really nice, but far too many people without masks. I left after completing my requisite 1 mile.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment