Thursday, March 12, 2009

My special book

At my high school, yearbooks arrived in the fall. So at the end of each school year, many students brought in cool journals for their friends to sign. I was just rearranging some books and decided to flip through my three special books from 1992, 1993 and 1994.

This one's from my senior year:
This is the entry from my long-time friend, Jared:
I'd been in school with Jared since 2nd grade. Our families lived in the same neighborhood. We attended the same youth group at Tigard Church of God. We planned to go to George Fox College in the fall. We were both assigned to Pennington dorm. His soon-to-be roommate was, apparently, a guy from Vancouver named Brad Wood. Brad was bringing a popcorn popper.

On moving day in August 1994, I ran to room #203 on the men's side of Pennington to see my friend, the only familiarity at this strange new place. That's when I met Brad. Pretty cool story, huh?! :)

2 comments:

  1. WAY cool! You probably know I'm a sentimental sap and this just makes me grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, that's a pretty cool story!! I never knew how you guys first met!

    ReplyDelete