Sunday, November 22, 2009

First snow!

I've never skied before Thanksgiving... until now!! Snow has been piling up on Mount Hood, and we made sure we could spend Saturday up there. We started cross-country skiing on the Skiway/Crosstown trails at Government Camp.
Brad found a small hill and had to play:
Deep powder is tricky on skinny XC skis:
It was easier after he made a track:
After lunch, we put away the XC gear and strapped on my new tele skis. We skinned up to the top of the Summit Ski Area. I tried my hand at telemarking... it's hard! But I didn't totally suck, so I'll give it another try sometime soon! Awkward :)
I caught my edge many times and spent a lot of time on the ground. Ouch! I felt like a beginning snowboarder ;)
It was a beautiful fall day in the snow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment