Thursday, January 10, 2008

CHA-LU-PA!

Having grown up a Blazers fan in the glory days of Clyde, Duck, Rick, etc., I gave up on the team when they literally became a bunch of criminals. While they now appear to be turning it around, I won't be ready to be a fan again until they can keep their noses clean and their butts out of jail for a while.

Having said that, I went last night with my grandparents and dad to the Portland/Golden State game (free ticket!). The game was great, the crowd was good and I began to feel some of the old excitement again. The guys play really well together - fun to watch. We creamed the Warriors, ahead by 15 or 20 a lot of the game! Chants of "cha-lu-pa, cha-lu-pa" filled the arena as we neared 100 points. We won 109-91, and the fans went home with coupons for free Taco Bell!

I'd really given up on the hometown team, but now I'm not so sure......
-Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment