Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day music

While I strive each day to be kind to the world that God has provided, yesterday's Earth Day holiday prompted a little extra. I decided to walk, rain or shine, to my volunteer work at Medical Teams. I also suggested that my sister, mother and father join in the human-powered transportation since they all live close to their places of employ. I'm happy to say that we all walked or rode bikes in the cool drizzle. Hopefully we can make that a habit and, as they say, make every day Earth Day!

In the evening, we were treated to a concert by the Tualatin Valley Community Band. The group's timpanist recently stepped down, and my mom was asked to fill in. She easily took over the mallets and did a kick-butt job! (that's her standing in the back, house right)

The band shared the stage with high school musicians preparing for their upcoming solo and ensemble competitions. I was very impressed by each student, as well as the community band. It was a lovely night of entertainment!

-Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment