Thursday, February 26, 2009

German Chocolate Cake

Irene said her favorite cake was German Chocolate, so for her birthday Wednesday, I thought I'd give it a try. I've made very few from-scratch cakes, so I was nervous as I searched the Internet for a recipe. I found this one on MyHomeCooking.net and figured I'd go for it.

The recipe was easy to follow and included many good photos. But it was a long process from start to finish. I made a double batch of frosting to make sure I didn't run out. I didn't have time for the frosting to cool completely, so it ran a bit down the sides of my three layers. It looked fairly impressive, but I forget to take a picture before it was cut. It was a bit crumbly, but I'm much more concerned with taste than appearance.

The birthday girl (actually, we were celebrating FIVE February birthdays!) said it was delicious, so I guess it's a keeper :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! What a gift. Greater love has no one than to make a German Chocolate Cake for a friend. I am impressed.
    Marcile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I truly enjoy baking for others... showing my love through sweets :)
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete