Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Have I lost my mind?!?

The answers is yes. I think I've finally lost it. Gone completely crazy. Seriously.

I often read SkinnyRunner, a blog by a SoCal gal who apparently doesn't work but just runs and blogs all the time. While I think she has some serious body-image issues, she's also very funny and very inspiring. Right now she's trying to complete 12 marathons in 12 months.

She recently mentioned running a destination marathon, like at Disney World. That got me thinking. (oh, no!) There's some kind of run at Disneyland, right? A half-marathon on Labor Day weekend. Maybe I should do that. No... that's stupid. I hate running. But I love having a goal. And I LOVE Disneyland. Shoot. Maybe I should do it. But I hate running. But now it's stuck in my head. Shoot. Maybe now I have to do it. Shoot. They offer a 5K, why can't they have a 10K... I would do that for sure. Shoot.

So I talked to Eryn and she's thinking about doing it too! And Mom wants to do the 5K. Brad's interested, but his pesky knees don't like running. We'll see...

This is my plan: Right now I'm focused on climbing season, training with lots of hiking and stadiums, so this year's out. I will prepare for the Tilikum 10K in April 2011, which I did finish a couple years ago. If all goes well and I'm not ready to throw out my running shoes by then, I'll keep training with Labor Day 2011 in mind. Yikes. Now I'm scared. For real. But excited. Yikes.

Anyone want to join the craziness and do it with me?? Please. Be stupid with me!

:)

3 comments:

  1. I must admit I've thought about the Disney half marathon before but always dismissed the idea. This time it just might stick. Are we both crazy?!?!?! In a word... YES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm thanks for the shoutout, but i promise i actually do work and have a job. and i dont think i have any serious body issues. so far, so good.
    but you should do the disney half! it'll be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Skinny Runner! Thanks for visiting my site :)

    I think you're super cool... but I think you focus too much on how your body looks instead of your amazing strength and endurance! Being healthy is way more important than being skinny.

    Thanks for inspiring me :)

    PS - what sort of work do you do?

    ReplyDelete