Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Muffin Wednesday: Chocolate

Happy Muffin Wednesday to one and all! I was riding my stationary bike last night when I suddenly realized that it was almost Wednesday... and I hadn't picked out recipe. I jumped up, found the cookbook and thumbed through it while I finished my workout. Exercising while reading dessert cookbooks is sorta funny. I had to use ingredients on hand, so I picked out Chocolate Muffins - those have to be good, right? Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Grease or line muffin tin (I got 20 muffins)


1 2/3 c flour

3/4 c sugar
1/3 c cocoa

3 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt

1 egg
1 c milk (I had soy)

1/4 c vegetable oil

(I also added a 1/2 c of chocolate chips - because, well, why not?!?)


1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.


2. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Don't over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.


3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes.


~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a simple recipe with simple ingredients. The batter was runny - much more like brownies than muffins, but they baked up nicely.

I thought these were good but not excellent. They were on the bitter side, so if you're looking for a really sweet chocolate, this isn't it.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment