Monday, June 15, 2009

Birthday weekend

My birthday weekend was a bit different this year, full of ceremonies, parades and parties! Friday (6/5) was Graduation Day at THS. That means rehearsal (outside in the rain), CE2 BBQ, ceremony (outside not in the rain!), cleanup and then Shari's at midnight. It was terrific to see dozens of CE2 students walk across the stage after earning those diplomas!

Saturday we were up early for the Grand Floral Parade. Tigard, under the leadership of Assistant Director Kati McKee, led the march, playing "Eye of the Tiger", "Celebration" and "Tear the Roof Off" for miles.
Sunday was family reunion day and group birthday celebration at Brad's folks' house. Uncle Dick and Aunt Louise were in town, so it was the perfect time to gather.
The birthday gang: Barb on June 4, me on June 7 and Steve on June 9.
Since Sunday was my actual birthday, I got to eat my veggie burger off the special red birthday plate! I also got to choose the dessert - strawberry shortcake. Yum!
Donna made me this sweet pop-up card:
Monday was birthday burrito dinner at our house for my family. I neglected to take photos of the truckload of plants the brought me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment