Thursday, February 1, 2018

100 miles for January!

I hit 100 running miles for the month of January!! That's pretty good, especially since I'm not training for anything big right now :)
A few days ago, I realized I was close, and my competitive/love-a-challenge self decided that I had to make it happen. My schedule was a little tight, but I worked in some extra runs to top it off.

I ran a few miles Tuesday night after family dinner. Then my alarm went off before 5 a.m. Wednesday for a few early miles. Finally, Brad and I hit the road Wednesday evening to finish with 3+ miles:
It was a perfect night for running - about 45 degrees, dry, and calm.

That last run was part of the Ragnar/REI No Buts Night Run

The virtual event was to encourage people to ditch the excuses and get out! And for everyone who committed and then followed through with any distance, REI donated $1 to the American Hiking Society. Win-win!

I'm starting up a fitness challenge at my kickboxing gym, so my mileage will likely drop some this month, but I plan to keep the miles coming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment