Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Two years

On Feb. 12, 2018, my life turned upside down by the sudden, unexpected death of my dad. 
The premature death of a parent is something I never even considered. I was devastated, but there was also work to be done.

Now, two years later, much of that work has wrapped up and life is "normal" again. I feel so much relief that every moment isn't consumed by house sales and taking care of Mom and Eryn. But I also feel sadness that "normal" now means no Dad. Life is moving on without him.
I am good. But life without Dad still sucks. While the total heartache has subsided, there's still a big hole that will never be filled. I miss my dad.  
I don't have big words to share on this anniversary, which is, of course, just another day without my dad. Life goes on. I keep moving forward. I keep healing. I keep reflecting and prioritizing, knowing life is short and precious.
Today, Mom, Eryn, and I will be together, breathing fresh air and eating all the food - just like Dad would have enjoyed 😊 
I miss you, Dad! 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment