Friday, January 1, 2021

A Year of Hiking: 41 - 52

At the beginning of 2020, I set out to complete the 52 Hike Challenge. Like all of you, I had no idea what the year had in store. I was off to a great start, but then distancing restrictions quickly made hiking less safe.

Still, I finished my 52 trails with time to spare. Here are my final outings:

No. 41 - Blue Box Trail, Sept. 5:

No. 42 - Frog Lake Buttes, Sept. 6: 

Frog Lake:

No. 43 - Coffenbury Lake, Sept. 19:



No. 44 - Delaura Dune Trail, Sept. 20:



No. 45 - Gales Creek, Sept. 27:



No. 46 - Bear Lake, Indian Heaven, Oct. 2:

No. 47 - Lemei Trail, Oct. 3: 


No. 48 - East Crater Trail, Oct. 4:

No. 49 - Crown Zellerbach Trail, Oct. 17:



No. 50 - Larch Mountain, Nov. 8 - in a surprise snowstorm :)




No. 51 - Kilchis Point Reserve, Dec. 19:




No. 52 - Two Rivers Peninsula, Dec. 19:




Bonus No. 53 - Cathedral Park/St. Johns, Dec. 28:




I loved this challenge because, while the "rules" allow for the same trail hiked more than once, I made myself explore new places and trails. It was a great excuse to see new places. Can't wait to get out more in 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment