Sunday, July 17, 2022

Day 2: A Minnesota run and Wisconsin cheese

After checking off Target Field, we headed south to Chicago. But first, I had to explore the area on foot!

Google Maps showed a park about a mile from the hotel, so I set off to check it out.

I didn't take a single picture of the parks, but they were so nice! AND... there was a perfectly placed construction potty just where I needed it :)

I also got lost and totally turned around, which doesn't often happen to me. I had to pull up my map several times, and I still went the wrong way twice! 
I finally made my way back to the hotel just before the rain. So muggy!

After a shower and free breakfast (yay, Embassy Suites!), we hopped in the car. We were quickly in Wisconsin, which was really rural and beautiful.

We didn't have much time to sightsee, but we did find a place to buy Wisconsin cheese! 

We ate cheese curds in the car - yummo!

When we travel, we try hard to eat places we don't have at home - even if it's just fast food. And since we're still not eating in restaurants, a quick stop in Culver's it was. Mom had a burger and custard and Eryn and I had grilled cheese.
Always fun trying something new :)

We drove to Chicago's Midway airport, dropped the car, took the L downtown, and checked into our super nice convention hotel - the JW Marriott Chicago.

I have no idea why I didn't take pics of the hotel. It was one of the nicest I've ever stayed in! And because it was the convention hotel for Mom's event, we got a killer deal!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment