Saturday, September 8, 2007

29.53!


Mom, Eryn, Brad and I just finished the Tigard 5K Run/Walk! It was our second time at the event, which starts at City Hall and ends with a free pancake breakfast at an LDS church across town. I wasn't feeling terrific about my running but still came in under 30 minutes, so I'm feeling great about that! Brad ran ahead but waited for me near the end and we finished together - what a guy :) The breakfast was a little weak this year, but heck, it's still free.

Someone forgot to order the shuttle bus to take us all back to City Hall, so instead of piling in a volunteer's minivan, we decided to head back on foot. We ran for quite a bit until Brad's bum knee started giving him trouble. We ended up doing run/walk intervals. I'm really pleased that I was able to keep up for another 3 miles - yippee for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment