Friday, September 19, 2008

Super cool!

I was taking my morning walk through the empty halls after the first-period bell to check the mail in the main office when a former student waved and said hi. I didn't recognize him at first, but he sure recognized me! He was there to pick up his diploma from June. Proudly, he showed me the precious document that he'd worked so hard to earn. Though I knew him for just six weeks at the end of the school year, he wanted to talk to me and show off his certificate.

Having family in education, I've always understood the extreme importance of school workers. But now being in that environment and seeing my efforts make a true difference in students' lives is super cool. Knowing I touched that student made my whole day.

-Liz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment