Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer reading challenge

I love TV. I really enjoy watching a good sitcom (The Office, Community, Big Bang Theory) or drama, especially crime shows (Law & Order, Criminal Minds). I like to be entertained.

But not wanting to waste my summer viewing television shows, I challenged myself to read a book each week. I started my first day of vacation (June 29) and finished my last book this afternoon (Aug. 16). But being the overachiever that I am, I actually read EIGHT books in those SEVEN weeks!
That was mostly because it took me just a day to whiz through Dan Brown's latest page turner! I really liked the Michael Connelly murder mysteries (I have read several others). The Lippman book was OK but really slow. And the Daheim novel had entirely too many characters to keep track of (It was set in a small town, and the author felt compelled to introduce and include most of the residents in the story).

So instead of spending way too much time watching TV, I spent way too much time reading this summer. Kinda funny how one obsession just turns into another :)

*** Did you read anything good this summer? I obviously like mysteries... what's your favorite genre?

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm at 4 and a half books. Let's see if I can get this last one finished in the next 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been PRO Mac since 1988, when I got my first one. I've used a PC but they're not nearly so friendly. The concept of "desktop" makes the difference. Blogging on a mac is so easy. I use "Safari" but there are quite a few other browsers to choose from. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete