Friday, August 13, 2010

Snakes, books and froyo

You may have heard that I've committed myself (ha - finally, right?!) to running the Disneyland Half-Marathon in just about a year. When I first started running a couple years ago, Aunt Kari suggested this book:
The run/walk training program is fantastic at helping beginning runners prepare for a 10K without injury. When Brad told me about a marathon/half-marathon version by the same people, I had to get it:
Armed with my Borders gift card, I set off Thursday morning to walk to nearby Bridgeport Village for some shopping and light exercising (two birds, one stone!). My walk immediately became more exciting than I'd expected when this guy slithered on the street next to me:
I'm not scared of snakes, but it was startling. I've seen them before in the garden and also on hiking trails, but never sunning on the asphalt in the middle of my neighborhood. And he was pretty good sized. We stared at each other a while before I lost interest and moved on.

I purchased my book and was headed across the street to Jamba Juice (with another gift card!!) when I spotted the sign for Peachwave, a self-serve frozen yogurt place that just opened. OK - sold. So instead of having a fruit smoothie with protein for lunch, I had this:
I was really excited, told everyone about it and then had a dream about it last night! So when I was out today with Eryn, we went so she could try it (I resisted... can't eat that stuff everyday).
Yum! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment