Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Holiday happenings

I started my Labor Day with a nice, cool, cloudy run. With that out of the way early in the morning, it was on to other important and fun (random) stuff.

Like trimming the giant hedge!
Brad did the hard work while I took pictures of this little clematis:
And then I did the cleanup - big pile of laurel (that's bigger than it looks!):
Next up: a quick trip to Ma and Pa's to get buckets and buckets and buckets of kindling left over from Pa's milling project. It made me so excited for fall fires in the fireplace!
And then I harvested a carrot... like a real carrot! Right from my driveway garden. Yummo!
Then I lost my mind and decided to go to Winco. It was like going on a Sunday evening... except a million times worse because it was the day before school started.
Fortunately, my list was very short, and I was in and out quickly.

After some puttering around the house, we jumped on out bikes for a ride to Qdoba. We used our buy-one-get-one coupon and enjoyed burritos on the patio:
Since we were there, we made a quick stop at REI for some gels for our upcoming races:
Then I made this (photo stolen from here):
I spotted the recipe in the morning on Eat Live Run's list of favorite fall recipes and instantly began drooling. 

I made just a couple very slight tweaks to this recipe. It was SO good!

And that was just about the extent of my holiday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment