Saturday, May 4, 2013

Marathon training: recovery

I did it! Like I said, it wasn't pretty, but I did it!

My body feels good. The tendonitis on the top of my left foot that I've been dealing with since the Shamrock Run in March actually feels nearly fine. I had some IT band pain in my right knee Sunday evening and Monday, but that seems to be faded away.

I mostly just had really sore, tired leg muscles. (Imagine that!?!) But even those felt better every day. And I was beyond tired. I just wanted to sleep a lot of the week :)

I'm rested lots and did some light workouts. I don't usually count biking to work as a "workout" since I live so close. But this week, I'm counting it for recovery.

Dad joined me early Thursday for a shakeout run. Another beautiful sunrise!
Then I went for a longer - but slow - run today, and it felt great. It also felt like summer! HOT and sweaty!
8.06 miles at a 10:22 average:

Week 23 training recap:
Monday: rest day
Tuesday: rest day - bike to work (~2.75 miles)
Wednesday: rest day
Thursday: 4.17 miles - some with Dad + bike to work
Friday: rest day - bike to work
Saturday: 8.06 miles
Week 23 Total: 38.52 miles

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment