Friday, May 10, 2013

Scaly garden friend

Like everyone else enjoying our early summer, I've been working like crazy to get my yard ready for the season. It's looking SO good!

I was about to dig in to the planting bed in the front of my house last weekend when I was startled by this guy:
He was camouflaged in the bark and leaves, and I didn't seem him until I almost touched him with my gloved hand. Stretched out with his legs tucked beside him, he was about 10 inches long.

I left him alone and worked in another area of the yard. I checked back and he hung out there much of the day. Then he was gone.

Days later, I was filling my parents' truck with yard trimmings when I looked down on the driveway and spotted my little lizard friend again! This time my camera was nearby and I took a picture.

Next time I walked by, he was peeking at my from under the front porch steps. Next time, he was under the nearby bush. Then he was gone.

I'll keep looking for my little friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment