Monday, June 24, 2013

Wauna Viewpoint birthday hike (6/8/13)

A ton of fun stuff has happened in the past couple weeks - way more than has been shared on my corner of the Internet. I'm so behind because I've been living it up!

So going back... 

My birthday was June 7, graduation day at THS. Knowing my day would be crazy-busy with grad stuff, I started my morning with a 5.5-mile birthday run with Brad. Then it was go-time - work until 10 p.m. (But I don't mind at all - graduation is my favorite day of the year!)

Saturday, I convinced the fam to help me celebrate with a short hike in the Gorge. It was a hot, sunny day, perfect for exploring outside.
We started at the Tooth Rock trailhead and went up to Wauna Viewpoint. We found a couple little caves to explore on the way:
Mom's really afraid of heights, and this viewpoint ended up being a bit smaller and more exposed than we hoped. Fortunately, she was able to deal with it - mostly by staying very close to this cement pillar:
Cheese buffet!
Watermelon, cherries, brie, dill havarti, Jarlsberg, smoked gouda, crackers, cookies, muddy buddies. YUM!
Mount Adams in the background:
After, we met Kari, Vicki, Kayla, Jessie and Pa for dinner at Corbett Fish House. I neglected to get pics of the rest of the fam. Duh.
But Pa wanted a picture of the cousins for his phone, even though Eryn and I looked slobby from hiking. So we do have this beauty to remember the evening:
I'd been dreaming about the cheesey crab pepper soup. WOW!
And some fish tacos:
It was a wonderful birthday celebration - just what I wanted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment