Friday, August 23, 2013

Quick shakeout with a cult classic

With a half marathon on my agenda for tomorrow, I wanted to get in a short, easy shakeout run today. I have a date with Sarah right after work, so it was first thing this morning or never... 5:15 a.m. and I was up and prepping for my run.

I felt a little blurry, too :)
I did just 2.11 miles at a slow pace...
... while finishing Pump Up the Volume, one of the most-awesome movies from my youth!
I have to say, now working in alternative education with at-risk youth, the movie took on a deeper meaning for me.

I ran on the treadmill with both garage doors wide open so I could take in the cool(ish), cloudy morning. Last night's rain smelled amazing!
My dogwood comes on early and turns early. Beautiful. Can't wait for fall :)
Brad came in to do his shakeout right after me and promptly stripped down to his undies. Fortunately for you, he would not allow me to snap a photo to commemorate the occasion ;) Undies, socks and running shoes is quite hilarious. He was a little unsure where to clip the treadmill emergency stop cord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment