Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Race for Warmth (1/28/18)

Remember last winter before my life fell apart? See the joy in my eyes? I feel like I look younger, too - I think I aged a lot this past seven months.

Mom, Eryn, and I ran the Clark County Race for Warmth Jan. 28, 2018 - just two weeks before Dad died and my life changed forever. 

It was a wet but warm day for January, and I ran in shorts and a T-shirt. Ready to go for my 10K:

I don't remember much of the race, except that the start is downhill, most of the rest is flat, and I ran fast until I hit that return hill just before the finish line. It felt great to stretch my legs and work hard.

Then Eryn finished:
And here comes Mom:
See the joy in her eyes, too. Man, it's been a hard seven months.


Steve and Donna live in the 'Couve and drove over to watch us run!
Love this pic!

We hung out at the finish party for a bit and then refilled with Elmer's breakfast :)
My official time was 52:57, an 8:27 average. That earned me 2/26 in my age group!!!! Also, 75/293 overall and 32/177 in females. Not too shabby. I much prefer cooler races.

My Garmin time had me at 52:30 with a distance of 6.07 miles (instead of 6.2). So that average was 8:39.

My 10K PR is an 8:37 average, so with my Garmin, I JUST missed it. (I wish I had known I was that close - I might have been able to push 7 seconds!) My official average is way faster than my PR, but the course was short. Oh well - maybe next year :)

This was a very affordable, well-run race that benefited charity. I would definitely do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment