Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Nos. 35 - 46

Not surprising, July was a big reading month. When you don't have to work, you have lots of time for reading (and listening) :)

No. 35 - Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay:


No. 36 - Heads of the Colored People by Nafissa Thompson-Spires:


No. 37 - Scene of the Climb by Kate Dyer-Seeley:
My in-laws gave me this one for my birthday. It's a local author who writes mysteries at Oregon outdoor spots - perfect! This first one is a murder at Angel's Rest, one of my favorite hiking trails :)

No. 38 - Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams, read while relaxing in the North Cascades:
No. 39 - One More Thing by B.J. Novak:
I was disappointed by this one. It just wasn't that funny. Oh, well.

No. 40 - The Atlas of Reds and Blues by Devi S. Laskar:
No. 41 - Americanized: Rebel without a Green Card, by Sara Saedi:
This was a really great story of an undocumented immigrant who's just about my age. We need to hear these stories.

No. 42 - Slayed on the Slopes by Kate Dyer-Seeley:
This second book in the series is set at Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood. Very formula, but still a good little mystery.

No. 43 - Lost Children Archive by Valeria Luiselli:
No. 44 - Silenced by the Surf by Kate Dyer-Seeley:
I was glad to find more of this series at my library. They are quick, easy reads :)

No. 45 - The Last Place You Look by Kristen Lepionka:
I searched for POC or LBGTQ+ mystery authors and found Lepionka. And I had time to squeeze in the second one before the end of the month!

No. 46 - What You Want to See by Kristen Lepionka:

Summer break is just about over for me... hopefully I can keep the reading going strong :)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment