Monday, September 23, 2019

Turkeython (11/22/18)

Race recaps have fallen by the wayside in the past 18 months. I've done fewer races than before Dad's death, but I've still run some. I need to get these recaps on the blog before I forget!

A Thanksgiving-morning family race has been a tradition for years now. But the holidays were strange in general last year - the first without Dad. We decided to still do a race, but we stuck with the Turkeython just down the road at Cook Park.

I usually avoid Cook Park races because it feels silly to pay to run in the park I run in all the time for free. But this time, it seemed like a good idea.

Before:

Ready! Though I was definitely missing Dad:
Eryn hits the 3-mile mark:
A little more...
DONE!
And here comes Mom:
Three happy runners:
Looking back at the official results, 

I finished the 5K in 27:19, an 8:47 average - 45/163 overall, 16/83 in women, 4/21 in age group, and 1/11 in my age and gender group! Brad took 2nd place in his age/gender group. Small races are fun :)

What race should we do this year??

No comments:

Post a Comment