Sunday, September 22, 2019

Summer rewind: King's Mountain

About 18 months ago, my life turned upside down. My dad's death rocked my world and changed much about daily life, including my lack of time, energy, and motivation for blogging.

But I still did some fun things, and I still have stories to tell. I hope to get back to it - not because I have millions of followers hanging on my every word, but because I like to have the record of my life. I love to look back at adventures and see where I've been and what I've been through. It's really a diary of sorts.

I tried to fill my summer with adventure - squeezing in trips when I could.

In June, Brad and Brittany joined me for the short, butt-busting trip up King's Mountain in the Coast Range.
It's one of my favorites, especially for hiking up and running down. But it was Brittany's first time, so we hung out at the top, took in the views, and ate snacks. Costco's salmon jerky is soooo good!
Had to sign the summit register!
High clouds but still a view of the mountains :)
It was midweek, so we were fortunate to have the popular trail mostly to ourselves - aside from the guy who ran it twice while we hiked it once!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment