Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bonus Muffin Thursday: Cranberry Oatmeal

Kendra planned to serve breakfast for our weekly Thursday night dinner and TV viewing. She suggested that I bring muffins, so I figured I'd try another recipe from the book. She made breakfast burritos that were SUPER good! And I made Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins. They were REALLY good. Like an oatmeal cookie. I would definitely make these again.

Preheat to 350 degrees
Muffin tin, greased (I used Valentine paper cups and they turned out great)

1/2 c finely chopped walnuts
1/2 c dried cranberries
1 1/2 c flour
1 T baking powder
3/4 t salt
3/4 c old-fashioned oats (I had quick-cook oats)
3 T softened butter or margarine
3/4 c packed brown sugar
3/4 c milk
1 egg

1. In small bowl, toss together nuts, cranberries and 1 t flour. Set aside.

2. In large bowl, combine remaining flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in oats.

3. In another bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, milk and egg, blending well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until evening moist and blended. Fold in nut mixture.

4. Spoon batter into prepared tin, filling cups to the top. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment