Sunday, September 26, 2010

Slumber party blondies

Busy schedules have kept us from having a summer/fall girls' weekend, but I thought we could squeeze in a slumber party for some female bonding. Brad left for a solo backpacking trip on Mount Hood, and Kendra, Lindsey, Sarah and Eryn came over for eating, chatting and movies.

I baked lazy girl's chocolate chip blondies, a recipe I found last week on Eat, Live, Run.
1 c flour
1 t salt
1/2 c chocolate chips
1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
1 egg
1 2/3 c packed brown sugar
1 t vanilla

Melt the butter and add to the sugar in a large bowl. Stir until well combined and then add the egg, vanilla and salt and stir again.

Add the flour and gently combine, making sure not to overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the blondies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and turn a deep golden color.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This simple-ingredient recipe came together quickly. The dough, which we sampled before the pan went into the oven, was very yummy. The blondies were really good but not quite right. They were hard, more like toffee candy than a cakey brownie. Because of my history of messing up recipes, I double checked the directions and found that I hadn't biffed it there. Perhaps they just baked too long... though the pan was in the oven less than 30 minutes.

Oh well. At least they tasted good and were enjoyed by all :)

1 comment:

  1. A night with the girls sounds like such a fabulous time. I should plan one with my friends. :)

    ReplyDelete