Thursday, September 30, 2010

My old standby

Yesterday I showed you my new spin workout. I thought I'd also show you my old standby: Tiger Stadium.
Just a few steps from my classroom, it's a perfect way to sweat and burn some calories right after work. In the afternoon it's shaded from the sun, and on a clear day you can't beat the view of Hood from the top:
I love that it's a short, intense workout that really pushes my anaerobic threshold. I sprint up each aisle and then walk to the next one, allowing my heart rate to drop a bit. Then I run slowly down the next before sprinting up again. I usually go about 30 minutes, sometimes serenaded by the sounds of marching band rehearsal, football practice or a varsity baseball game.

For a different twist, I'll wear a weighted backpack and walk up and down. That's a great workout for hiking, climbing and backpacking! I haven't done that in a while... maybe next week.

What's your favorite workout?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment