Saturday, February 26, 2011

Brrrrrrrrr

Despite the cold temps, yesterday was a run day... had to do it. It was just about 32 degrees and windy when I bundled up after work and prepared for a chilly workout. At least it was dry and sunny!
I chose my knit skull cap and then decided to add the fleece ear band - ended up being the perfect combo to keep my head and ears warm. I also broke out my Old Navy tights, which I bought recently off the clearance rack for $10 or something. BONUS: Because I have short midget legs, the tights were long enough to tuck into my no-show socks and keep my ankles toasty! Of course, I kept my fingers warm with fleece mittens.

My run/walk training program called for running 3 minutes and walking 1 minute - 10 times for a total of 40 minutes. I wound through my neighborhood at a comfortable pace and did 3.83 miles. Felt great!
What a beautiful day to get out and absorb some Vitamin D :)

No comments:

Post a Comment