Monday, January 30, 2012

Vegan family

We introduced my family to vegan food this weekend, meeting them at Native Foods Cafe in Bridgeport. It's become one of our favorite restaurants because of the yummy food, reasonable prices and great customer service.

I ordered the Super Bowl Special:

You’ll love tackling this traditional Cuban sandwich stacked with slow roasted cilantro-garlic seitan and smoky maple-glazed seitan, pickles, mayo, sweet mustard and a homemade swiss cheesy sauce on a grilled baguette.
It came with a side for just $9.95.
I thought the sandwich was excellent! I ordered the corn something chowder for my side and thought it was pretty blah.

Brad got the Twister Wrap and sweet potato fries, which he's gotten before and really likes.
You can just see the excitement on his face...
Because Eryn, Mom and Dad's orders "took so long" - as in, they took 12 minutes instead of 10 minutes - they each got a free dessert!

Vanilla cupcake:
Peanut butter parfait:
Cheesecake:
We all tried the desserts and decided the cupcake was the best. The parfait and cheesecake weren't good - but free is good :) Now we know for next time.

They enjoyed their meals, though I think Dad was a little scared of his "meatball" sandwich. I hope they'll try again!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment