Monday, January 23, 2012

Course revealed

I'm really excited that the course has finally been revealed for May's Portland Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon!!

Registration opened last May, but the course was still TBD until last week. We blindly plopped down our money before the end of 2011 (to take advantage of the lower prices) and waited to see where we'd be running.
Eastside!

I think that will be a fun route - and much different than other events I've done downtown.
With 16 weeks 'til race time, I'm ramping up my running, including 8 miles this weekend. (The most I've done since Disney)

Considering my experience, the flat course, cooler temps and speed training, I'm hoping for a big PR (previous personal record is 2:28:52 at Disney). Actually, "hoping" isn't the right word... I'm working really hard to get there!

My goal is to build my long weekend runs and continue Track Thursdays until the spring sports season starts next month and I lose my valuable training spot to the high school runners. At that point, I'll switch to tempo runs to train myself to maintain quicker paces.

Nervous... and excited! A fun combination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment