Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Maybe Mom was right!

Mom has always been a morning workout person. I always argue that my body hates to work that hard so close to being unconscious. I feel sick and unproductive.

But when the hot weather hit a couple weeks ago, Brad and I bumped up our workouts to beat the heat. And I've sorta gotten used to it... in fact, I might say I like it!
The temp is cool. The sun is low. Traffic is light. Most everyone you see is very friendly, including other runners/walkers, people putting out their trash, and folks leaving for work.

It really helps to lay out all my stuff the night before. And getting to bed early is very important.

Today I ran 3.11 miles in 27:21, an 8:48 average:
And as a bonus, I saw Rachel and Rick as I ran past THS!

OH, and I also saw Phil, but he was all plugged in to his tunes and didn't hear me yelling across the street :)

It felt great, and now I'm done with my workout for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment