Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sunset/sunrise runs with new kicks

I laced up my new kicks last night before heading out on a sunset run with Brad.

My last pair of shoes, which I started using in March, just turned 300 miles. With my half in just 2.5 weeks, I wanted to start breaking in my latest pair now and have fresh ones for the race.

I would never have picked out the all-black Sauconys, but they were on deep, deep discount - and I can't pass up that!

I've been carefully planning my outfit for the SF Giants race, and I thought neon-orange laces would be perfect with my black shoes!
We both got bad side aches during our run. Not sure where mine came from, but Brad's was definitely from eating a pile of bacon for dinner!

Urp:
I had a great run until the side ache hit. I walked a couple times to try and calm it down but finally gave up. 

I still ended up with 4.08 miles in 40:32 - a 9:55 average, including my walks.
Since it wasn't a great run, I tried again this morning:
I didn't have much time before work, so I managed 3.02 miles in 28:36, a 9:27 average. I'll take it!
Not a bad way to start the day :)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment