Thursday, August 2, 2012

Eagle Creek (7/30/12)

They finally acquiesced! I've been asking forever for Dad and Eryn to go backpacking with me... and we did!

We left Monday afternoon for Eagle Creek in the Gorge:
It was late by the time we got to 7 1/2 Mile Camp, so we just picked a spot, set up camp, ate dinner (Subway!) and called it a night.

Eryn and I got up Tuesday and went down to the creek to pump water.
Then it was time to wake Sleeping Beauty - he had the fuel to make breakfast. Out came the canister:
Everyone's up - time for hot oatmeal!
After oats, we hung out at the creek for a bit:
Dad spotted this snake on the rock! It was really large - I'd say about as big around as a silver dollar. It woke when I took its picture and very slowly slithered into the water:
Time to pack up and head home. We weren't in a hurry, so lots of pictures along the way:
Tunnel Falls:
Lunch time at 4 1/2 Mile Bridge.
PBJs!
Done! It was Eryn's first backpacking trip - and she nailed it! Nice job :)
Tired and ready to sit :)
Thanks for going with me, Dad and Eryn!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment