Saturday, April 16, 2016

Autism Awareness 5K (4/15/16)

I got to spend my lunch break doing something pretty great Friday: the second-annual Autism Awareness Run/Walk 5K!

The event is hosted by Tigard High leadership students and held at Cook Park, just down the hill from the school. It's the end-of-the-quarter teacher work day, so students and staff were free to attend. As with last year, great attendance!
My CE2 students Katrina and Marissa joined the fun:
Of course, Eryn and I couldn't turn down the chance to race!
Nice job, Marissa!!
Mom, Dad and Donna walked the gorgeous course:
Since she's now retired, I invited Donna to join the mid-day event. Good crew!!
So proud of my THS students, staff and Tigard community for stepping up for this important cause! Can't wait for next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment