Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Beach weekend adventures

Our schedules have been packed in recent months. So awhile back, we looked for our first open weekend and booked my grandparents' beach house for a getaway. That weekend finally arrived!

On the way down, we stopped for a short run on the Wilson River Trail. The predicted stormy weather never materialized, and we had a gorgeous run to Wilson Falls for 4.25 miles in all:
Our big event of the weekend was running and biking on Bayocean spit. Brad's wanted to take out his new bike, and I needed a long run for my half-marathon training. So he rode back and forth, practicing tricks and such while I ran to the end of the spit and back... and then to the road and back... and then out about another mile and back to the car... 12 miles in all!
The temp was perfect! It was a bit breezy, and a couple showers passed through during my 2-hour outing, but you'll hear no complaints from this runner!

Sunday was a lazy day. After almost 40 miles last week, I was pooped. So my only outing was a walk to the top of Maxwell Mountain:
Of course, Brad rode his bike :)
On the way down, I hung out with this little guy for a bit:
A wonderful weekend of adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment