Sunday, April 24, 2016

Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing (4/17/16)

Last weekend was the Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing, and I gave up a PR to see some players. And I have no regrets!

Last year, I rounded the corner at the Seahawks training facility and realized there were players handing out water! I had no idea that was going to happen, and I took just a quick moment to take it in. This year, I brought my camera and planned to spend a bit more time.

But first... our Renton hotel was about 3.5 miles from the packet-pickup spot, so Eryn, Dad and I walked there Saturday night. Then after dinner, Dad drove the car back while Eryn, Mom and I walked back. Mom couldn't resist: 
Thankfully, the whole weekend was way, WAY less eventful than last year when the train broke down, the hotel was overbooked and we couldn't get breakfast. Everything went smoothly, and we arrived nice and early Sunday morning for the race. Dad hung out while the ladies waited in the potty line:
Tutus for everyone!!
Family picture:
Wait - show the tutus:
How about heads and tutus?!
Dad wimped out and opted for the 5K, which started a bit later. Time to get in the corral:
Lots and lots of fans - SO FUN! KJ Wright was at the starting line, sending off each wave of runners:
I didn't look at my watch the whole time, running only by feel. I also didn't have my PR time in my head, so that couldn't influence me. I started very slow with the heavy crowd and then sped up as I could. Then, as planned, I got out my camera at the training facility and enjoyed the moment: (anyone know who these guys are???)
Helmet car:
I pushed hard on the way back and came in at 1:09:25. Felt great!

Also, they seriously streamlined the finish chute by ditching the shoe tags. HUGE improvement over last year!
Love running in my tutu - and matching racing flats :)
Perks of finishing later than most: leftover free food:
Actually, we all walked back to the finish chute and scored tons of leftovers bagels:
The family that tutus together...
After showers at the hotel (late checkout for the win!), we refueled at Tommy's Cafe. YUM!
My stats:
655 out of 3,199 overall

45 out of 342 females 35-39
196 out of 1,995 females
Our friend, Tera, KILLED it and was the 10th woman overall! WOOHOO!!! She's amazing :)

My splits:
  • Mile 1: 9:53
  • Mile 2: 9:30
  • Mile 3: 8:47
  • Mile 4: 8:37
  • Mile 5: 10:04 (Seahawks!)
  • Mile 6: 8:35
  • Mile 7: 8:37
  • Mile .66: 7:52
I was much slower at the beginning this year because I started in the last wave with the strollers and dogs and walkers. And I took longer with the Seahawks in mile 5. But other than that, I was faster! In fact, I placed much higher in all categories. And I am perfectly happy with giving up that PR for the experience :)

Click HERE to watch me cross the finish line!

We'll be back next year!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment