Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Intentions

Happy New Year, everyone!

I've read a lot today about "intentions" - and the words my friends and family are using as themes for 2020.


I don't do resolutions. And I don't believe in "new year, new you" sentiments. 

But I do believe in setting goals or intentions for the year. Nothing is special about this day, other than it's a good marker in time - a natural resetting point, a good day for reflections and thinking about the future.

So what am I thinking about the coming year?

I'd like to get back to blogging. I used to do this much more when I spent 90 minutes of each day sitting in front of a computer with nothing much else to do. Thankfully, a former boss took that tedious assignment off my plate. But I do miss that "dedicated" writing time. These past two years have been very, very full of other obligations. But since those have lessened greatly, I would like to be intentional about keeping this blog updated. 

I want to keep reading for pleasure and for expanding my world view. I read 84 books last year - many by POC or queer authors or with POC or queer story lines. My book list is PACKED with all kinds of amazing recommendations, and I can't wait to keep up that habit.

I am intentional about getting daily outside time and daily exercise. I have no plans to stop any time soon. 

I also have no plans to stop resisting the horrific Trump administration. I think it's incredibly important to keep expanding my world view and learning more and more about my privilege and how to use it to help other, especially people who are marginalized.

I love to cook. The past two years have felt too busy to do as much cooking as I'd like. I hope to change that in the coming year.

Life is short. I want to live - really live. I want to do more of the good stuff. I want to enjoy my family and friends. I want to move my body and soak in the magnificent beauty around us.

Those are my thoughts on this New Year's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment