Friday, January 31, 2020

Nos. 1 - 10

After last year's record 84 books read, I'm not sure what to expect from 2020. Last year was different, with helping Mom and Eryn move and prep their homes for sale/rent. But I'm going to just keep reading/listening as my time allows and see what happens! We'll see if it was just a fluke :)

No. 1 - The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson:
The first book was way better. It ended with a good cliffhanger that never really got that great in the second book. The third in the series hasn't yet been released. But I'm already on the wait list.

No. 2 - Owl be Home for Christmas by Donna Andrews:
I've read others in this "cozy mystery" series. They're entertaining enough but not that great. There are other authors I prefer.


No. 3 - Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson:

Speak was a powerful story about teenage sexual assault. The audio version included an interview with the author. I highly recommend this one.

No. 4 - The Pint of No Return by Ellie Alexander:
No. 5 - Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woods:
No. 6 - The Prey by Allison Brennan: 
No. 7 - Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling:
No. 8 - Naturally Tan by Tan France:
I really enjoyed this insight into the Queer Eye star. His story is fascinating and complex.

No. 9 - House Arrest by K.A. Holt:
No. 10 - Beyond a Reasonable Stout by Ellie Alexander:
2020 is off to a great start for reading! πŸ“˜πŸ˜€

No comments:

Post a Comment