Saturday, August 18, 2007

Family time

Last night, the fam came over for cheap pizza and game night. As often happens, we started talking about Newberg people (mom lived in Newberg, we all went to GFU, brad and i go to NFC, eryn plays music at NFC, mom occasionally plays with us, two sets of grandparents live at Friendsview) and how everyone's connected and who my folks knew in high school/college that we now know at NFC, etc, etc, etc, etc. The NFC directories came out and we had lots of fun figuring out who everyone was. (for example, I had no idea that Lori Tuning was a Beebe or that Mark Thompson went to school with my dad. They might know Wendy, too). We also took a trip to the Internet to see the naked butt slot machine to which Sherry Macy introduced me (click HERE to check it out) - LOVE IT! We finally stopped playing the Newberg game and played Apples to Apples. I won ;)

Today was spent at Ma and Pa's for their annual picnic. It was sunny, cloudy, windy, still, light, dark - but it never rained and it wasn't too chilly. We had a good time catching up with family we see once or a couple times a year and meeting new people. Of course, we ate a lot of yummy food!

Grandma and Grandpa made it out, too, a great surprise! Grandma said she had a rough morning, but she seemed to really enjoy the picnic (especially all the chocolate desserts!!) After so many years living so far away, it's cool to have them close.

Eryn with Grandma

2 comments:

  1. Liz lies, she did not win at apples to apples, I did! If she wants to think she won that is fine. Perhaps she can't stand losing to her little sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? I really remembered winning. I should ask my PsyD friends what that means.... ;)

    ReplyDelete