Friday, August 10, 2007

Memories

I just got done watching the video slideshow tributes that I created for my great grandmothers' memorial services in 2004 and 2005. As I watched each, listening to the carefully chosen music and looking at the old photographs, I cried - because I miss my Nanas and because of all the great memories I have of them and my great grandfathers, Johnny and Papa. I don't think I know any other people who, in their adult lives, knew five great grandparents. I am so tremendously blessed.




Here is one of my favorite shots of Nana. I particularly like it because it's on Christmas Eve (always spent at Nana and Johnny's house) and because she's laughing - she had a great sense of humor, and we laughed together a lot.

Thank you, God, for blessing me with such wonderful grandparents and for keeping their memories alive in my heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment