Sunday, August 19, 2007

Time

In the two months since I retired from the news biz, I've really come to love having time. It's often extremely overwhelming to work full time and balance family stuff and house stuff and friend stuff and church stuff and cat stuff and all the other stuff that comes with life (I know you all know what I mean). And I don't even want to know how people with kids do it - my hat goes off to you!

Now that I don't have a 9-5 obligation (it was more like 6-3), I have time to enjoy life instead of just cramming to get all the stuff done. I spent three full days this week volunteering with high school kids. I still had time for a leisurely lunch with my mom- and grandma-in-law. I had game night with my fam. I went to a family reunion picnic. I ate popcorn and watched "The Holiday" while snuggled with my cat. I hung around after church today. Then I had a long lunch with the in-laws and friends. Now I'm blogging while the chores are only half done (and I'm not even stressing about it!)

It's a true pleasure to be able to linger and not worry about getting to the next activity or duty.

I know this won't last forever. I will eventually re-enter the workforce and start collecting a paycheck. But until then, I am savoring having time.

No comments:

Post a Comment