Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Health

Health is an odd thing. You're going along fine and then you're hit with something - allergies, a sprained ankle, a mystery illness. Suddenly, your life changes (hopefully temporarily!) and you focus on the pain, the misery, the worry.

Right now, I'm battling a sinus infection that's making my teeth hurt really bad on the right side of my face. I'm honking and sneezing and hoping the antibiotics kick in quickly so I can move on.

But I found out yesterday that a friend had a health concern much worse than my plugged up sinuses and achy teeth. Thankfully, that friend went to the doctor and everything is fine. Since getting the good news, these words to an old hymn have been going through my head as I garden: My hope is built on nothing less that Jesus' love and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

In times of sickness and health scares, we can lean on Jesus for peace and reassurance to help us through. Amen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment