Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It worked!!!

On 5/16, I planted some lettuce seeds on our driveway, the only spot on our property that gets any real sun. Two weeks later:
The little guys were growing but very slowly, and I was beginning to think that it wasn't meant to be. But we returned Sunday from NYC to this:
Oh my gosh!! We ate some last night in our salad and then tonight on our veggie BLTs. YUM!

I'm so excited that it worked. Maybe next year I'll have a whole bunch of stuff growing on our sunny driveway :)

1 comment:

  1. When I read 'on my driveway' I was thinking in the cracks in the cement and was really impressed by your use of all available dirt.

    This is equally cool but do you think it is possible to grow lettuce in the cracks? Is there enough dirt there? I know weeds grow in ours...

    ReplyDelete