Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fabulous fall day

We woke Sunday after Turkey Feast to a beautiful fall morning. We needed a post-feast recovery workout, and Brad's been itching to get out on his bike, so we loaded up and set out on some errands. First stop, returning some stuff to Ma and Pa:
Next up, the library:
After a shower, we headed downtown Portland with Lindsey for some lunch. Armed with a two-for-one coupon, we tried Thai Chili Jam at Southwest 13th and Jefferson. We ordered a crab-puff appetizer thing called "Oh my God!" It was so amazing that I forgot to take a picture until it was gone:
I picked P4 - Pad Ga Prau with tofu (chili, bell peppers, onions, sweet basil leaves):
Brad chose P7 - Pad Phet with tofu (chili paste, egg plant, bamboo shoots, onions, bell peppers, sweet basil leaves):
Lindsey ordered N11 - Kao Soi with chicken (egg noodle, cilantro, green onion, pickled lettuce in Kao Soi curry soup topped with crispy noodles):
I was really impressed with the food - very flavorful. And my leftovers made a super-yummy lunch Monday! We will go back.

Next up was Next Adventure at Southeast Stark and Grand to get cross-country bindings for Lindsey. We had to go to the Bargain Basement to hunt for treasures, and I found these AWESOME down bibs. But Lindsey and Brad wouldn't let me get them. They laughed and laughed at me - and then took my picture. They were just jealous of my puffy pants:
Lindsey also liked my hat:
It was such a nice, relaxing day :)

2 comments: